- 2 pounds cabbage (about 1 medium head) red or green or combo shredded finely
- salt to taste
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 small shallots, minced (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt Spring Artisan Tarragon or Raspberry Champagne Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Toss shredded cabbage, carrots. Stir buttermilk, mayo, sour cream, shallots, parsley, vinegar, sugar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper together in small bowl. Pour dressing over cabbage and toss to combine. Refidgerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Thanks to Bree’s mom Judi for this recipe!