- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons Oak Aged Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
In a small bowl, whisk 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, the sesame oil, vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce and minced garlic.
- 1 small bunch kale
- 1 small head of Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 baby book choy, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, shaved into long strips with a peeler
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seed or toasted sesame seeds
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Strip the stems from the kale leaves and roll the leaves in a chiffonade to slice into very thin strips. In a large bowl combine the kale and remaining Tablespoon of olive oil. Lightly massage the kale leaves with your hands until the leaves soften and begin to wilt (about 30 to 60 seconds). Place in large serving bowl and add the shredded cabbage, bok choy, carrots and dressing tossing well to coat. Let the salad stand for 10 minutes to marinate. Top with seeds and season with freshly ground pepper.
Thanks to Bree’s mom Judi for this recipe!