- Preserved Organic Lime
- 1 oz Salt Spring Shine Hive Vodka
- 1-1/2 oz Salt Spring Wild Ginger Root Cider
- 1/2 oz Drinking Vinegar / Gastrique*
- dash Bittered Sling Clingstone Peach
- garnish: Candied Organic Ginger & Preserved Lime
To make the Drinking Vinegar:
- Oak Aged Blackberry Balsamic (3 parts)
- Salt Spring Shine Estate Honey (1 part)
- Rich simple Syrup (1.25 parts)
- Organic Almond Extract (literally like less than 1% of a part, just a single small drop)
Rim an unchilled martini glass with a preserved lime, for maximum aromatics.
In a shaker filled with ice, combine the Vodka and Cider.
Stir it, don’t shake it, the ginger cider is carbonated.
Strain the vodka and ginger cider into the martini glass.
Slowly pour the drinking vinegar down the side of the martini glass. It’s so heavy with all that sugar and vinegar it will sink to the bottom with any problem.
Garnish with a thinly cut piece of candied ginger wrapped around a sliver of preserved lime and skewered, like an olive in a regular martini.
Thanks to John King for this very Salt Spring creation!